Isn’t that cool when you save money and energy at the same time? Saving is always a priority of any buyers. When you save the limited sources of energy, you not only save money, but also you help society and help to save those limited sources of fossil fuels, which are not renewable in the near future. By saving energy sources, we would also take secure steps for upcoming generations to have enough energy resources for comfort in their lives. Fossil fuels create pollution, as well as environmental issues. The sources are very limited and by following some precautions we can help society and be the part of that proud community who helps nature.
I would like to share some tips which are easily applicable and save you money, so why not? Let’s follow this easy steps and promise this earth a better future.
- Change the entire house bulbs to fluorescent- It will save almost 75% of energy compared to traditional light bulbs.
- Use sensors on all possible high voltage electronic sources, it will save energy and will give a life to appliances by reducing utilization.
- Increase the use of sunlight and keep blinds open in daytime.
- Use energy efficient dishwashers, gas stoves, and freezers. These appliances will help you to save energy, increase tax deduction value, as well as save money by using less energy. Using a programmable thermostat can lessen energy use by approximately 10% and save up to 200 to 500 a year.
- Set the temperature of freezer and heating/cooling thermostat system in auto mode at a particular temperature, it will reduce of the electric bill dramatically.
- Install low flow showerhead, dual-flush toilet, efficient faucet and other water consumable sources will save thousands liters of water every year.
- Auto set all computers and TV to off after use.
- Check and fix doors, windows, walls and other areas for air leaks to save electricity on AC and heat.
- Report water loss, gas pipe leakage and other forms of energy loss.
- Use reusable bags and recycle papers.
- Increase use of recyclable items because it requires a very small percentage of energy to reproduce compared to make the product from scratch.
- Water heater set up warm or cold from hot can saves energy and reduce carbon dioxide in the environment.
- Clean air filters in the heating-cooling system, as well in cars–this will prevent these systems from overworking.
- Insulate walls; modernize windows and plant trees–these will help you to reduce electricity use and improve environment.
- Make sure you reduce the amount of waste; reusing products and recycling the recyclable sources–this way you are investing for better and greener future.
- Always use a fully-loaded dishwasher, washing machine and other appliances, because all require the same energy.
- Watering the lawn and plants in the morning by using automatic sprinkler system can help you to save water from being evaporated by heat and saves money.
- Collect rain water for possible use, as this will save billions of gallons drinkable water.
- Changing car oil, checking tire pressure and sharing rides can save gas, insurance, parking and wear and tear money.
- Slow driving at a constant speed can improve MPG hours and saves a few cents per gallon and hundreds of dollars, so think wise.
- Clean gutters twice a year to improve the water flow and reduce water debris.
- By using mulch we can help the lawn and garden by preventing erosion, suppressing weeds, retaining soil moisture, and add nutrients as they break down.
- Learn more about alternative energy such as biofuels, solar energy, wind energy, hydro power, biomass, and fusion, geothermal.
: Amazing Quotes:
Some solutions are relatively simple and would provide economic benefits: implementing measures to conserve energy, putting a price on carbon through taxes and cap-and-trade and shifting from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy sources. David Suzuki
Electricity is derived from many non-renewable energy sources like oil, natural gas and coal. Lamar S. Smith
In reality, studies show that investments to spur renewable energy and boost energy efficiency generate far more jobs than oil and coal. Jeff Goodell